My role here was to create content to support the TV segments, not strictly reviewing the restaurants, but certainly highlighting the good on interesting things to know and eat there.
The truth is that segment support was a small part of my job, I live-tweeted the show every weekend, interviewed chefs and food-scene people, developed an editorial calendar for blog features and attended show shoots to share the process for our social media audience.
Atlanta Eats – Digital Content and Social Media Consultant | September 2012 to August 2013
• Organically grew social communities on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, from creation of each account to 8,500 fans and followers across all platforms, in 10 months.
• Responsible for creating digital brand voice for TV show on CBS-Atlanta (WGCL) and PeachtreeTV (WPCH).
• Worked with design and development teams to ensure site design delivered high quality customer experience.
• Developed social media strategy to drive increasing viewership numbers.
• Responsible for social listening and responded to a highly engaged audience.
• Increased open rates and CTR using A/B testing and direct response copywriting principles.
• Gained valuable on-set experience at shoots to deliver “behind the scenes” content to social platforms.