I joined in 2009 to start adding some content to make it a better site for advising its members. Yes, it was a membership site, and that was part of its downfall. By 2011, and several expensive site overhauls later, the powers that be started cutting costs, including my content team.
Here are some of the useful, fun and informative things I wrote during my time there.
In 2013, the oweners had set a new direction and needed some fast content and a process for generating even more -- inexpensively and scalably. I came back to consult with them on these projects.
What my resume says about Company.com:
Company.com – Content, Social Media and SEO Consultant | November 2012 to August 2013
Content and Digital Community Manager | November 2009 – July 2011
• Managed team to generate original content to the website.
• Developed or wrote over 100 business articles, press releases, user guides, interviews and video tutorials.
• Created conversion optimized landing pages.
• Worked with design and development teams to improve UX/CX.
• Devised editorial calendar for channel partner newsletter and co-branded website.
• Lead consultant on SEO, Google Authorship and social media community building programs.