The first rule of content is to prompt an action from a person. Anything else is just noise.
Results and Highlights
· Achieved 47% open rate and 5% CTR for email direct response at TEGNA.
· Increased website sessions by 80% in 12 months at Winmo.
· Organically increased social audiences by 46% (Facebook) and 33% (Twitter) for Taste of Atlanta.
· Organically grew 8,500 strong social media audience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for Atlanta Eats.
· Increased website traffic by 300% in 6 months for Georgia Power.
· Increased unique visitors by 20% to TasteofAtlanta.com.
· Created social media campaigns that increased landing page entrances by 30% for Taste of Atlanta.
· Certifications: Google Analytics Individual Qualification; Google AdWords (Digital Sales, Fundamentals, Mobile Ads & Search Ads); HubSpot Inbound Marketing; HubSpot Email Marketing
TEGNA, Inc. – Digital Marketing Strategist | November 2017 to March 2017
Providing sales support and marketing intelligence for the inside sales team, operating in nine broadcast media markets and nationwide for digital campaigns. TEGNA is the parent company of Atlanta TV stations, WXIA (NBC) and WATL (MyATL)
• Achieved 47% open rate and 5% CTR for email direct response marketing
• Guided sales team in building campaigns and solution packages
• Provided market intelligence and product support to inside sales team
• Developed and delivered training for inside sales team including PPC, SEO, Facebook ads and email marketing
List Partners, Inc. – Content Strategist | July 2016 to September 2017
Responsible for brand storytelling using content, social media and SEO strategy to grow traffic, engage site visitors and contribute to B2B lead generation/demand generation for four brands (Winmo, WinmoUK, The List Inc, Catapult New Business)
• Increased website sessions on Winmo.com by 80% in first 12 months
• Created content calendars for all web properties and social media accounts
• Collaborated with designers and developers for site builds and roll-outs, focusing on usability and user experience (UX)
• Wrote conversion rate optimized copy for landing pages, achieving 38% conversion rate
• Managed relationships with publishers, distributors and influencers for public relations and SEO needs
• Developed data-driven buyer personas and buyer journey map for content marketing and inbound campaigns
• Carried out SEO audits and keyword analysis of websites, optimized as needed
• Development of written and video content from ideation to distribution and promotion
Georgia Power Company – Communications Specialist (Consultant) | March 2016 to April 2016 | Sept. 2014 to Sept. 2015
Managed communications between the diversity and inclusion team and other business units, including eight employee resource groups.
• Increased traffic by 300% in 6 months for the Diversity and Inclusion website
• Produced 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report for GPC, including content and design concepts
Cardinal Web Solutions – Content Marketing Manager | September 2015 to February 2016
Directed the content marketing team to scope, develop and produce content, including ebooks, blogs, landing pages and short-form social media copy, for clients including Cox Media Group and Papa John’s Pizza.
• Led content lifecycle strategy for 30+ branded websites
• Measured effectiveness of content using analytics tools and provided direction for optimizing
• Drove implementation of native advertising for clients
• Developed and delivered training on content marketing tactics, influencer marketing and best practices
• Managed team of content marketers, conducted regular reviews with team members, guided them in development of career pathing
Cardinal Web Solutions rebranded to Cardinal Digital Marketing in 2017.
Perfectly Cooked Media – Founder/Director of Content | July 2011 to October 2014
Discovery of clients’ digital marketing needs, development of strategies to meet goals, and implementation of tactics to ensure successful outcomes.
• Managed online brands of Perfectly Cooked clients to grow social communities, develop compelling brand stories and ongoing messaging
• Built productive relationships with PR professionals, industry constituents, professional writers, editors and bloggers.
• Managed vendor relationships and contracts
• Managed trade show and event booths for clients
• Clients included: Emily G’s Jam of Love, The Original Cakerie, McCormick’s for Chefs, Butterball Food Service, Harvestland Chicken, Miss Mints/Party Sweets, Draper Valley Farms, Venture Atlanta, Paste Magazine, World of Coca-Cola and:
Taste of Atlanta – Digital Content and Social Media Consultant | April 2014 to October 2014
• Increased followers on Facebook (+46%) and Twitter (+33%)
• Increased visitors to TasteOfAtlanta.com by 20%, and entrances on the tickets page by more than 30%
• Managed team of event-day social media staff to stay engaged with chefs, restaurants and festival visitors
Atlanta Eats – Digital Content and Social Media Consultant | September 2012 to August 2013
• Organically grew social communities on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, from creation of each account to 8,500 fans and followers across all platforms, in 10 months
• Responsible for creating digital brand voice for TV show on CBS-Atlanta (WGCL) and PeachtreeTV (WPCH)
• Worked with design and development teams to ensure site design delivered high quality customer experience
• Developed social media strategy to drive increasing viewership numbers
• Responsible for social listening and responded to a highly engaged audience
• Increased open rates and CTR using A/B testing and direct response copywriting principles
• Gained valuable on-set experience at shoots to deliver “behind the scenes” content to social platforms
Company.com – Content, Social Media and SEO Consultant | November 2012 to August 2013
Content and Digital Community Manager | November 2009 – July 2011
• Managed team to generate original content to the website
• Developed or wrote over 100 business articles, press releases, user guides, interviews and video tutorials
• Created conversion optimized landing pages
• Worked with design and development teams to improve UX/CX
• Lead consultant on SEO, Google Authorship and social media community building programs
PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere Pro, CreativeSuite. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Constant Contact, HubSpot, Facebook Insights, Salesforce, Trello, Asana, Canva, ZoHo, MSProject, Sharethrough, Stackadapt, OutBrain, GatherContent, WriterAccess, Sony Vegas, Outreach,io, HTML, WordPress and other CMS
MobileX Festival Atlanta; Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; Southern Jewish Outreach Network for Gender and Sexual Diversity (SOJOURN GSD); The Giving Kitchen Initiative / Team Hidi (2014, 2015)
Nene College, Northampton, England. Communication (BS, incomplete)